Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Please pray...

Hey everybody, I just wanted to ask you to say a quick prayer for one of Troy's students. She came to Troy about 2 weeks ago and told him she's pregnant and hadn't told anybody yet. Her boyfriend has since tried to convince her to have an abortion. She agreed last week to go to a crisis pregnancy clinic. Troy took her to the appointment, last Wednesday (2/20) and she thankfully skipped her appointment for her abortion on Saturday. She came to church with us on Sunday. Her heart is soft toward the Lord, but she's having a hard time. Her family has not been supportive and her boyfriend is angry that she didn't have the abortion. (I am leaving out some details, but that's the situation.) Anyway, she called last night. She went to the doctor yesterday and found out she's having twins! She's very excited (praise the Lord)...but she needs lots of help and support and most of all she needs her heavenly Father. She's only a junior in high school. Thanks for praying!

5 comments:

Michael and Jessica said...

I'll definitely be praying for her. Please update as you're able (though I realize you probably can't share much on the blog). Jessica

Andie said...

wow. praise God for stopping that abortion. sadly, the coworker of a woman in my small group had one yesterday even after much pleading by our friend. I will pray.

Schuknechts said...

Andie,

That breaks my heart. I know after holding a tiny baby in my arms that I can't think of anything that makes me sadder....

Andrew, Arianna, Liam, and Asher said...

I mentioned the prayer request to some people at our church. One said that they would be willing to adopt them. They have a ministry educating about abortion (www.abort73.com) It is a very sobering website. Praise God she isn't ending their lives.

SIX Thirys said...

We will be praying! Praise God that she came to Troy! Do you know if she's considering adoption? We're approved to adopt; however, not for twins because of our house size :-(