Thursday, February 7, 2008

Meeting the Family....

The last week has been eventful! Jude made a good impression on Troy's parents, sister, and our neice. He didn't cry, even when he had to share his toys with his cousin! We enjoyed a weekend full of eating, talking, and watching football...but most of all, watching the babies do really exciting things like drool, sleep, and stare at bright lights!

Here are some pictures of the fun!


Troy and I are very thankful for families that love the Lord and will help us raise Jude in the knowledge of Him.

We all got a little excited this week about the Jesus Storybook Bible (new from Zondervan) that was given to us by our friends, Luke and Josie Stamps. In fact, both Lifeway bookstores are now cleaned out of them since the Schuknechts were in town. But, really, it's a wonderful children's Bible that actually helps kids get the BIG picture of Scripture, while learning all the Bible stories. I encourage everyone to check it out for your own kids or kids you know! I have learned from it as well...There's some really good theology in it, and it has challenged me to think about the stories in the Bible in a new way. It especially shows how all of the Bible relates to, or points toward the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. If you have other favorite books for kids, please share!

If you are one who likes to see our favorite new photos of Jude, here are a few from last week.


4 comments:

Kate said...

It's pretty funny how a whole room of adults can be captivated by a baby who can't do much of anything!! But it happens quite regularly, I assure you ;) They look cute and that seems to be enough for them! :) I'm glad you had fun with visiting!
I have heard good things about that 'Jesus Storybook Bible' ... I'm glad you like it! Maybe I'll actually get out to find one someday. Sammy loved 'Goodnight Moon', 'Good Morning, Good Night' (a touch and flip book ... not sure who it is by) and any of the Sandra Boynton books (cute rhymes and pictures).

Schuknechts said...

Yeah! We were given some of the Sandra Boynton books for my shower in Texas. It's a little hard to tell if Jude likes them...but I think he does!

Dustin & Heidi Greenup said...

I 2nd your review on the "Jesus Storybook Bible". I had been wanting that since Christmas, and Heidi got it for my for my birthday a few weeks ago. Hope things are going well for you all. Amy Baker just delivered her 3rd baby...Claire Caroline Baker. Heidi's got about 4 weeks left.

Andrew, Arianna, Liam, and Asher said...

We definitely like the Jesus Storybook Bible too! Another one that we love is the Read with Me Bible an NIrV Story Bible for Childrenn by zonderkidz. I think Liam's current favorites are crinkly books-you know, the ones that have pages that make crinkly sounds. He's not too discerning as to content yet :)