Monday, February 25, 2008

Fat Boy!

Well, Jude had his one month appointment last week on Thursday. According to his usual habit, he peed on the floor of the pediatrician's office while his diaper was off to weigh him. He is now (at least on Thursday) 10 lbs 2 oz...almost 3 pounds bigger than he was a month ago! It's just proof that he enjoys his food. He is still only in the 50th percentile for weight, though, so I guess he's not really fat....just chubbier than before!This is Jude looking satisfied after a meal!

We're on our own now, since all the family is gone. It's a little nuts, but it's fun to finally see what my life will be like as a mom. I love it! God has been so gracious to give us a healthy boy, and He's been very faithful to provide for us so that I can care for him. I feel inadequate already, and it's not like he's asking any deep questions yet! Wow, I am realizing how much I need strength and wisdom from the Lord just to make it through the days. God is reminding me often that this baby is first HIS. It's a precious privilege, but also an overwhelming responsibility to be given the task of raising him.

Valentine's day sure was different this year...partly because we have a baby, but also because my mom was in town, so we made dinner together for Troy and had a family celebration. Everybody had a great time...here are some pictures of Valentine's and the last week or so....

What did you do for Valentine's day?

Jude has Troy's large nostrils...

2 comments:

Andrew, Arianna, Liam, and Asher said...

Way to go Jude, pack it on! Liam is a fan of eating too. We love the pictures; it's fun to see him growing.

Erin MacPherson said...

Awwwwwwwww.... he's so chubby and squishy and cute!!! I just love him.