Monday, November 15, 2010

Jude and Marriage....

Well, last night we were walking around Costco (as all responsible Americans do on Sunday evening), and I was checking out the jewelry case with Jude. I thought it was a good time to explain to him that the sapphire ring on my right hand is his. I told him that his daddy gave it to me on the night he came out of my tummy, and since it's a girl's ring, he doesn't need to wear it. I told him I will wear it for him until one day when he picks a wife, then he can give it to her.

He thought for a minute and said, "But I want you to be the wife, though."

Ahhh..there are almost no better words that could come from a 2 1/2 year old boy! I told him I will gladly be his wife someday (I'm trusting he'll change his mind at some point).

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Hee hee! Love it!

SIX Thirys said...

Don't you love it? Elijah keeps saying that he's going to marry me to, and "never, never, never leave our house!" I want to catch him on video saying that :-)